For the past 25 years we have been welcoming our guests on our cruise & activity holidays in an area of outstanding beauty, the Great Glen in the Scottish Highlands. While we are waiting to provide our usual safe and enjoyable holidays, our barge is now available as a wonderful and comfortable self-catering establishment for a family group.
With our waterside location there is privacy and by being situated only a few steps away from one of Scotland’s well established walking route’s “The Great Glen Way” and the National Cycle route “The Caledonia Way”, it is a great base to enjoy the beauty of Fort William and its immediate area. With views of Ben Nevis and the Nevis Range, we offer comfortable ensuite accommodation. You can also book bike hire or the canoes for a gentle trip along the canal. We can also provide your very own local guide who can introduce you to the beauty of the immediate area with fascinating stories.
What is available :-
- Six en-suite twin cabins with a small double below and a single bunk above.
(En suite and cabin both have opening windows.)
- Lounge and dining area offering plenty of space to sit and relax.
- A kitchen with every cooking utensil required, including a dish washer and fridge freezer.
Included in your booking are
- Free parking beside the barge.
- Exclusive use of the whole boat, (excluding crew who are in own separate accommodation area in the stern).
- Bed linen, pillows and duvet.
- Gas for cooking.
- The galley is well equipped to cater for up to 12 people.
- Cleaning materials, bin liners, etc, to keep the boat clean and tidy.
- Hand Gel and wipes
The price for the whole barge for up to 6 guests is £240 a night with a minimum of 3 nights stay.
For 7 or more, up to a maximum of 12 from one family only, there is an additional charge of £25.00 pp/pn.
From the barge you can access hybrid mountain bikes, canoes and a local guide, whose enthusiasm for the history and views of the area add that little bit extra to the walk, bike or canoe trips. We can also offer a day cruise with the barge. For further information please ask at the time of booking. Our contact/booking details are Tel: 01397 772167 or email us [email protected]
There is a No Smoking policy on board. Sorry – pets are not permitted.
Our approach of looking after you and our team. To welcome all our guests on board we have developed the following procedures for all our safety. For further information please click here.
We have also been awarded the Visit Scotland Industry Standard
So you can relax in the knowledge your well being and our reputation is of importance to us all.